Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Scorpio Races

Summary:
"It happens at the start of every November: the Scorpio Races. Riders attempt to keep hold of their water horses long enough to make it to the finish line. Some riders live. Others die. 
At age nineteen, Sean Kendrick is the returning champion. He is a young man of few words, and if he has any fears, he keeps them buried deep, where no one else can see them. 
Puck Connolly is different. She never meant to ride in the Scorpio Races. But fate hasn’t given her much of a chance. So she enters the competition — the first girl ever to do so. She is in no way prepared for what is going to happen"

Plot: The plot is a unique one and it holds a steady pace through out the whole book. I mean man killing horse from the sea is not a story line I have heard of in a book. And Definitely leans more towards the Adult part of Young Adult.

Characters: I liked both the main characters. They can through clearly, were different yet compatible and in general like able characters. Most the characters in the book can through like that too.

Pros: Unique and intriguing. Some romance.

Cons: Death, too much death for me, not sure where it was going.

Final Thoughts: For me this book grasped me right away, but I didn't know how I felt about it and even as I am done I still don't know I feel.  A lot of the time I was reading the book to see for it was going, not in a bad way... just curious. Like I said the plot was very steady and there was a connection where the main characters could either be platonic or romantic and it wasn't until that was clear where it was, that the book took a new meaning. But to me it ended short. Like I finally got really built up and invested in the story and it ends and as me saying "wait that is it?" If this book turns out to be a series, then I think the way it ended is fine, but if not then I am a little let down. I also think the book had a small direction, but I didn't live up to it. I don't all I say is I wanted MORE. At the same time I REALLY did like this book. My only other problem is I  can't handle animal death or cruelty in books. I just can't. If this is a series though, I will continue to read it.


Thank You To Big Honcho Media for giving this book to me for Review and The Scorpio Races is officially Published and For Sale Today!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really interesting and unique. I like that you said it leans towards the Adult part of Young Adult... so many YA books these days seem to be more on the Young side of the spectrum :)

    ReplyDelete