Thursday, September 20, 2012

Lost In Time (Blue Bloods Series, Book #6)

Summary:
"The stakes have never been higher for the young Blue Bloods of Manhattan. After their brief yet beautiful bonding ceremony in Italy, Schuyler Van Alen and Jack Force depart for Egypt, desperate to find the elusive Gate of Promise before Jack must face his twin, Mimi, for a blood trial. A blood trial that only one of them can survive. But everything Schuyler thought she knew about the gate turns out to be a lie, and they soon find themselves ensnared in a deadly battle against the demon-born. Schuyler and Jack take up arms, only to realize that there is a much graver threat simmering in the Kingdom of the Dead.
Meanwhile, determined to save the only vampire she still loves, Mimi has followed Kingsley Martin into Hell. With the help of her new human Conduit, Oliver Hazard-Perry, Mimi makes a bargain with the Queen of the Dead that she may soon regret. When the time comes to choose between love and revenge, both Mimi and Oliver will learn the true meaning of sacrifice.
confronted by danger, betrayal, and loss at every turn, the Blue Bloods must find the will to fight - and love - another day."
Plot: De La Cruz does it again, magically intertwining stories and dialouges seamlessly. Questions are answered, some remain to be answered and some new ones arise. But overall, Lost in Time does a good job at given the reader enough satisfying answers, while give jaw dropping page turning outcomes. 

Characters: I loved seeing Allegra and Ben in this and getting to know more of their story. Mimi's storyline showed both her best and worst qualities, there were times I would hate her, just as much as I did in book one and there were times I found more endearing then I had before. Schuyler and Jacks story was more low-key in this book, but was still so important to their whole story. And poor Oliver. How I hope things will get better for him.

Pros: Tons of answers, lots of action and an over all page turner.

Cons: Nothing really that stands out to me.

Final Thoughts: I should have read Bloody Valentine, which is why it took me so long to read Lost In Time; since I was waiting to Bloody Valentine. I read reviews saying it was a novella and could easily be skipped, but I know now that it would have added a lot to what I had read in Lost in Time.  As far as this book goes, I was very pleased with it. It sets up the final book in the series perfectly. As always.. I cannot recommend this series enough! 


No comments:

Post a Comment