Friday, November 15, 2013

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children (#1)

Summary:
"A horrific family tragedy sends Jacob 16 to a remote island off Wales, to the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, where he finds unusual old photographs. The children, one his grandfather, were more than peculiar, perhaps dangerous, quarantined for good reason - and maybe still alive."




What a plot, what a plot...what a unique plot. 
That is all I can say.

The story obviously centers around several Characters. Jacob, his Grandfather Abe, Miss Peregrine and her Peculiar Children. Mainly, a girl names Emma. I like Jacob. I oddly like him, because their is nothing overly special about him. He knows his faults and where he can improve. However, he doesn't magical get strength for his short-comings or anything like that. Which I can respect. You don't see that enough in books. We learn about Abe more post-humously and there is still SO much more to learn about him. Miss Peregrine, is your typical matriarchal mysterious and stern headmistress and I love that about her. The peculiar children.. are just that peculiar and Emma's personality fits her talent perfecty.. a fiery temper that one. 


SO unique and a great unisex read.


Slower than I expected.


My feelings about this book are so very mixed. I liked it, but I want be dying to read Hollow City. More like something I will pick up if I see it on the shelves of my library. Now that isn't saying this book is bad, it isn't by any means. I just think this is one of those books, that had SO much hype, that I built up my own expectations of the book and it just didn't live up to what I imagined it would be. 










No comments:

Post a Comment