Monday, November 7, 2011

Ruby Red

Summary:
"Gwyneth Shepherd's sophisticated, beautiful cousin Charlotte has been prepared her entire life for traveling through time. But unexpectedly, it is Gwyneth, who in the middle of class takes a sudden spin to a different era!Gwyneth must now unearth the mystery of why her mother would lie about her birth date to ward off suspicion about her ability, brush up on her history, and work with Gideon--the time traveler from a similarly gifted family that passes the gene through its male line, and whose presence becomes, in time, less insufferable and more essential. Together, Gwyneth and Gideon journey through time to discover who, in the 18th century and in contemporary London, they can trust."
Plot: I LOVE this plot! I love  the unique-ness, the time traveling, the history! I just love it, and this was just a build up plot, yet it managed to still be slightly thrilling. While leaving SO much up to the next books in the series! Obsessed!
Characters: I really like these characters a lot. Gwenyth comes of as a normal girl, who has some special qualities about her, but other then that she is typical, then she has he best friend Lesley, whose personalities compliment each other well. Gideon is slighty older and completely swoon-worthy, with a touch of arrogance to him, but not that makes you dislike him in the slightest.
Pros: Time Traveling!, Hard To Put Down, mysterious,
Cons: Wish it was just a tad bit longer, but I understand why it ended where it did.
Final Thoughts: I was surprised with how little action this book had, but being able to still keep me enthralled in the story. I just can't even begin where to start on this book. It would make a great movie/movies. Gier writes in a total relate-able fashion, that had me laughing and just wanting to know more about the mystery. I did like that this was the build up book. Usually, authors will put a lot of effort into the 1st book to make it action packed and thrilling, so that you will want to read the series and then they make the next books in the series the slower paced books, that explain why all the action happened in the first book and will be happening in the next books. I call them build up books. But this book, took the time to explain all that now, while still remaining entertaining.  I am interested in seeing if some of the things Gier mentioned in the book were irrelevant to the story or will be brought back up in the series. She seems to me to be someone who would make every detail count... I would recommend this book to the mystery,history, time travel lover. It is that perfect different book.

No comments:

Post a Comment