Monday, November 28, 2011

Sweet Little Lies (Book 2 L.A.Candy)

Summary:
"How Sweet it is?Jane Roberts was the average girl next door until she and her best friend, Scarlett Harp, landed their own reality show, L.A. Candy. Now the girls have an all-access pass to Hollywood's hottest everything. But there's more to life on camera than just parties and shopping. . . .When racy photos of Jane are leaked to the press, she finds herself at the center of a tabloid scandal. She turns to her co-star Madison Parker for help, unaware that Madison is scheming behind the scenes. She might be Jane's shoulder to cry on, but does Madison really have Jane's back?Scarlett's working on a scandal of her own. She's fallen for someone who's strictly off-limits—which means Scarlett has a big secret to keep . . . from the L.A. Candy cameras, the paparazzi staking out her apartment, even from her best friend.Of course, nothing stays secret for long for the stars of the newest hit TV series, and all this drama couldn't be better for ratings. But can Jane survive another season in the spotlight?"
Plot: It is a bubblegum plot. Meaning it it cute,girly,cheeky but nothing mindblowing. The plot begins where book 1 left off and dives write into the story. There isn't really any major major drama in this book and read almost like you were watching an episode of a reality TV show.
Characters: The characters each have their distinctive personalities and seem to be more of a jumble of characteristics from The Hills stars, as opposed to being based on each specific person. 
Pros: Mindless Chick Lit, Cute, fun, guilty pleasure..
Cons: There is nothing I disliked about this book, but that doesn't mean it was SO good, there couldn't be anything wrong with it.
Final Thoughts: I enjoyed reading Sweet Little Lies. I read it while I was up North helping my Mom move, we were only there for 2 nights so I read the book in less then 24 hours. It was quick, it was interesting enough, and Although I know the book isn't purely based on The Hills, I will still look for connections. It is a series I enjoy reading, but I am not going out of my way to finish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment