Saturday, March 3, 2012

Lola and The Boy Next Door

Summary:
"Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion . . . she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit -- more sparkly, more fun, more wild -- the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood. 
When Cricket -- a gifted inventor -- steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door."

Plot: The plot was pretty standard, with a nice slow and genuine build up to romance.

Characters: I liked Lola a lot, although there were definitely times she pissed me off. Overall thought Lola was a a very unique and quirky character. I absolutely adored Cricket Bell and his oddball inventor like appearance. Both Memorable Characters for sure.

Pros: Fun and cute love story, realistic progression, quirky, and Anna and St. Clair both make a huge appearance in this book.

Cons: Nothing that is really a Con to the book besides Lola getting on my nerves at times.

Final Thoughts: Personally, I think I liked Lola and The Boy Next Door better then Anna and The French Kiss. I just felt Lola had a bigger personality that stood out. I think both books are great books especially for  summer time reading. On a side note though, I don't particularly find these books as special, as everyone else has. I wouldn't dissuade anyone from reading them, since they are entertaining for sure, but I won't go out of my way to recommend them either. The one thing I will say is as far as Fictional Crushes go, Cricket Bell is definitely Top 5.

3 comments:

  1. Omg I still haven't read this one. I've been hearing mixed things actually but I'm definitely still going to read it and I'm pretty sure I'll be one of those who like it! I'm so happy you did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lola has a great life, but it gets a little complicated (natch) when her former friends move back in town, right next door. She's dating an older, bad-boy, rocker and I loved the way this relationship played out. I have dated my share of borderline-jerky guys in the past and Perkins has spun this tale in a very realistic way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this book, but I think that I would LOVE it since it has romance in it. :-) By the way, I love your blogged, I just follwed you today.:)

    ReplyDelete