Sunday, December 2, 2012

Big Book Survery

I saw this posted on Downright Dystopian and I thought I'd give it a try! If you'd like to join in, feel free to! I may have done this before... but whatever.

1. Favorite childhood book?
Oh WAY too hard! 

2. What are you reading right now?
The Friday Society By Adrienne Kress
3. What books do you have on request at the library?
At The Moment I Don't Have Any..

4. Bad book habit?
Returning Library Books Late? And Being A Cover Snob.. 

5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
Surprisingly Nothing


6. Do you have an e-reader?
Yes/No... I have an IPad that has the Kindle App.

7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
I used to read only one book at a time. But Now That I have an "ereader" and a blog.. I will read on the Ipad and One actual book at the same time.

8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
Yes, I read way more often! 

9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)
I'm So Happy For You.. By Idk cause I already forgot and well I REALLY hated the book

10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
SO Hard To Say.. It Is Between What Remains By Carole Radziwell and The Book Thief By Markus Zusak

11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
Pretty Much Never. Unless It is highly recommended 

12. What is your reading comfort zone?
Young Adult. Historical Fiction, Mysterys, Paranormal. Some contemporaries.. 

13. Can you read on the bus?
If it isn't loud I think so.. but It is hard for me to read in the car.

14. Favorite place to read?
My Bed.

15. What is your policy on book lending?
I don't. VERY RARE. People usually cannot keep the books to my insane OCD standards.

16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
NO

17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
NO
18. Not even with text books?
NOPE 

19. What is your favorite language to read in?
English. Since I haven't had a chance to read books in another language.

20. What makes you love a book?
So Many Things. Usually the writing, the ability to immerse me in another place. Or When something is written that really speaks to me.

21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
If I REALLY Love something I will almost always tell anyone I can to read it. Normally, people have to ask though and from there I will make a recommendation based on what they like.

22. Favorite genre?
Historical Fiction.. YA

23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
Dystopian

24. Favorite biography?
I don't REALLY read any.

25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
Not Really Only Like Giuliana and Bill Rancics Book, and Bethenny Frankels.

26. Favorite cookbook?
I have many!

27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
hmm.. What Remains and Book Thief again.

28. Favorite reading snack?
Green Tea

29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
Daughter of Smoke and Bone By Laini Taylor

30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
Don't really pay attention to that.

31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
I don't mind it. But I try to be as nice as possible

32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you choose?
French and Italian. I read these langauges better than I speak them.. but I don't have any actual Books in these languages.

33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read? 
Atlas Shrugged it is 1000 pages! I am only on 100 haha

34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
None that I can this of.

35. Favorite Poet?
Shakespeare?

36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
10

37. How often have you returned book to the library unread?
Did for the 1st time last weekend

38. Favorite fictional character? 
You cannot do that to me! Too Many To pick 

39. Favorite fictional villain?
Voldemort?

40. Books you’re most likely to bring on vacation?
Depending on how long we are staying.. But usually I'll bring the book I am currently reading and whatever is on the top of my TBR pile

41. The longest you’ve gone without reading.
a day or two

42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
I don't like DNF-ing but I couldn't finish Beauty Queen By Libba Bray

43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
Loud Noises and Interruptions 

44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
Harry Potter

45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
My Sister's Keeper

 46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
$100

47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
never

48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
I am bored.. 

49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
Yes,  I have a whole OCD system.. 


50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
KEEP, to me books finishing a book and adding to my bookshelf is like a trophy to me. This was one of the reasons library books and ereaders were hard for me to want to read. 

51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
No?

52. Name a book that made you angry.
I'm So Happy For You. The Main Character was just a HUGE bitch!

53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
Graceling by Kristin Cashore. I wasn't so sure if I'd like the whole fantasy thing because the only other fantasy books I'd read was Harry Potter. 

54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
Mad Love By Susanne Selfors

55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
Oh the easy chick lit books or books written by Comedians 


         ALSO PLEASE HELP A CHARITY AND BUY SOME BOOKISH MERCH HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment