Friday, March 29, 2013

City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments,#5)

Summary:
"The New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments continues—and so do the thrills and danger for Jace, Clary, and Simon.
What price is too high to pay, even for love? When Jace and Clary meet again, Clary is horrified to discover that the demon Lilith’s magic has bound her beloved Jace together with her evil brother Sebastian, and that Jace has become a servant of evil. The Clave is out to destroy Sebastian, but there is no way to harm one boy without destroying the other. As Alec, Magnus, Simon, and Isabelle wheedle and bargain with Seelies, demons, and the merciless Iron Sisters to try to save Jace, Clary plays a dangerous game of her own. The price of losing is not just her own life, but Jace’s soul. She’s willing to do anything for Jace, but can she still trust him? Or is he truly lost?
Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series."
I have a very interesting relationship with this series. After reading other bloggers comments about how they preferred this series as a trilogy, I now can say I totally agree. You see, as I began reading City of Lost Souls.. I was intrigued and then somewhere when Clary decided to go off with Jace, I started hearing all the negative things I heard about this series and realizing... they were right! However. there was still some interesting plot lines I wanted to follow. I was interested for a little while longer until at some point it hit me... I no longer cared about the characters. Seriously. Clare could have killed EVERYONE off and I would have been okay with it. So, with that being said. I think I am done with this series and will heed other bloggers previous advice and enjoy The Mortal Instruments as a Trilogy, but I will start to read the Infernal Devices series.

2 comments:

  1. I think this series should have definitely been kept a trilogy. I was meh about the 4th book and I wasn't even interested in reading this one. I think she's just milking a cow dry by now. She's working on a second spin off too *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to read The Infernal Devices! I think they're so much better. I just finished Clockwork Princess and absolutely loved it. And while I'm not nearly as big of a fan of the mortal instruments books, I'll still probably read the 6th, and can't wait to see the movie!

    ReplyDelete