Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Beginnings and Endings

Hosted By The Broke and The Bookish

Ahh! This Topic seems, so easy but yet it is SO hard and really cannot be limited to just 10.



1. What Remains By Carole Radziwill

"Three weeks before my husband died a young couple smashed their plane into the Atlantic Ocean, off the Massachusetts shoreline, well after the mid-July sun had set. It was reported in the news as 9:41, but  I knew the general time, because I had spoken to the women less than an hour before. The pilot was my husband's cousin, John Kennedy. His wife, Carolyn Bessette, was my closest friend. She was sitting behind him next to the only other passenger, her sister, Lauren. A still, hot summer day had melted into a warm and sticky night. A quiet night, unremarkable except for the fog, which rolls in and out of New England like a deep sigh."

2. Someday My Prince Will Come By Jerramy Fine

"I was very young, but I was drawn to my destiny as if by a magnet.
Lying on my bedroom floor and propped up on my elbows, I studied every word in that precious library book. The font was tiny and the pages themselves were almost half the size of my six-year old self, but my future depended on this so I had to stay focused."

3. Paper Towns By John Green

"The way I figure it, everyone gets a miracle. Like, I will probably never be struck by lightening, or win a Nobel Prize, or become the dictator of a small nation in the Pacific Islands, or contract terminal ear cancer, or spontaneously combust. But if you consider all the unlikely things together, at least one of them will probably happen to each of us. I could have seen it rain frogs. I could have stepped foot on Mars. I could have been eaten by a whale. I could have married the Queen of England or survived months at sea. But my miracle was different. My miracle was this: out of all the houses in all the subdivisions in all of Florida, I ended up living next door to Margo Roth Spiegelman."

4. Twilight By Stephenie Meyer

"I'd never given much thought to how I would die - though I'd had reason enough in the last few months - but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this."

5. The Book Thief By Markus Zusak

" First the colors.
Then the humans.
That's usually how I see things.
Or at least, how I try.
***HERE IS A SMALL FACT***
You are going to die.
I am in a truthfulness attempting to be cheerful about this whole topic, though most people find themselves hindered in believing me, no matter my protestations. Please, trust me. I most definitely cane cheerful. I can be amiable. Agreeable. Affable. And that's only the A's. Just don't ask me to be nice. Nice has nothing to do with me. 
***REACTION TO THE AFOREMENTIONED FACT***
Does this worry you?
I urge you - don't be afraid.
I'm nothing if not fair."



I won't  quote any of the endings, as to not ruin it for those who have not read these books yet.

6. Where She Went By Gayle Forman
7. Eat, Pray, Love By Elizabeth Gilbert
8. The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald
9. The Fault In Our Stars By John Green
10. Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows by J.K.Rowling


2 comments:

  1. Definitely agree with Harry Potter, The Fault in Our Stars, and The Book Thief. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am kicking myself for not putting HP on my list! That ending was absolutely perfect.
    I really like the opening of Paper Towns- I've had that book for almost a year but still haven't touched it. Must do that soon.
    Great list!

    ReplyDelete