Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Sapphire Blue (Ruby Red Trilogy #2)

Summary:
"Gwen’s life has been a rollercoaster since she discovered she was the Ruby, the final member of the secret time-traveling Circle of Twelve. In between searching through history for the other time-travelers and asking for a bit of their blood (gross!), she’s been trying to figure out what all the mysteries and prophecies surrounding the Circle really mean. At least Gwen has plenty of help. Her best friend Lesley follows every lead diligently on the Internet. James the ghost teaches Gwen how to fit in at an eighteenth century party. And Xemerius, the gargoyle demon who has been following Gwen since he caught her kissing Gideon in a church, offers advice on everything. Oh, yes. And of course there is Gideon, the Diamond. One minute he’s very warm indeed; the next he’s freezing cold. Gwen’s not sure what’s going on there, but she’s pretty much destined to find out."

I love that Sapphire Blue pretty much picks up where it left off, although the prologue threw me off slightly. Anyways, The plot of Sapphire Blue is basically the same as Ruby Red , it just thickens a little.   And as I did with Ruby Red, I enjoyed the plot. However, I think Gier has a slightly different way of writing plots. She doesn't really stop at a cliff hanger, she just pauses at what she feels is a good spot and continues on in the the next book. It doesn't bother me, but it does make me want MORE when reading.



I love Gwen, she has just the right of confidence and insecurities.. as well as wit. Then there is Gideon, who I will admit I have a MAJOR crush on, but there is something I don't trust about him. I am loving the addition of Xemerius the Gargoyle as I think he adds the right assistance and humor to the story.




Historical Time Traveling fun! <--- basically="" books.="" favorite="" kind="" my="" nbsp="" of="" p="">




Not  a long enough book in my opinion.




Since this is a trilogy, I am hoping Emerald Green is a HUGE action packed, answering giving book! I know not everyone has been smitten with this trilogy as I have BUT if you love books that have history in them and you love books with Time Traveling and magic, then you really can't go wrong. Sapphire Blue was a great companion of Ruby Red and like I said I cannot wait for Emerald Green. 








No comments:

Post a Comment