Thursday, January 2, 2014

Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer

Summary:
"Colette Iselin is excited to go to Paris on a class trip. She’ll get to soak up the beauty and culture, and maybe even learn something about her family’s French roots.
But a series of gruesome murders are taking place across the city, putting everyone on edge. And as she tours museums and palaces, Colette keeps seeing a strange vision: a pale woman in a ball gown and powdered wig, who looks suspiciously like Marie Antoinette.
Colette knows her popular, status-obsessed friends won’t believe her, so she seeks out the help of a charming French boy. Together, they uncover a shocking secret involving a dark, hidden history. When Colette realizes she herself may hold the key to the mystery, her own life is suddenly in danger . . .
Acclaimed author Katie Alender brings heart-stopping suspense to this story of revenge, betrayal, intrigue — and one killer queen"
Buy On: 



The concept of the plot was pretty nifty and in my opinion, well executed. It was pretty much everything I wanted Flirting in Italian to be. It gave me teen angst, it gave me cheesy, it gave me love, and mystery and history and foreign places. My only slight with it would be the ending... I just wasn't completely satisfied with it. However do I sense more?


I feel for Colette. She is in this odd position and time in her teenage life and her friend situation may seem kind of dumb to some people, but I have witnessed "friendships" like this first hand. I actually had a friend similar to Hanna. Not as bad, but similar. So, I see Colette's approach to Hanna has being more passive, than doormat. Hanna's character is the perfect domineering female friend. The second Colette does something a little diverse from the crowd, you instantly think.. "what will Hanna's reaction be?!" I enjoyed Pilar, but felt she could of added a little more the the trio.  As for Jules, what a crush worthy french boy he was! He was the perfect addition to the cast of characters. 


You need to be in the right mood for this book, you need to want cheesiness,travel and mystery... otherwise you will be disappointed. However, when you are in the right mood this book will be perfection for you. You will not want to put it down until you know every last detail. 







No comments:

Post a Comment