Thursday, June 27, 2013

Forever Princess (Princess Diaries #10)

Summary:
"It's Mia's senior year, and things seem great. She aced her senior project, got accepted to her dream college(s), and has her birthday gala coming up . . . not to mention prom, graduation, and Genovia's first-ever elections.
What's not to love about her life? Well . . .Her senior project? It's a romance novel she secretly wrote, and no one wants to publish it.Prince Phillipe's campaign in the Genovian elections isn't going well, thanks to her totally loathsome cousin Rene, who decided to run against him.Her boyfriend, J.P., is so sweet and seemingly perfect. But is he the one? And her first love, Michael, is back from Japan . . . and back in her life.
With Genovia's and her own future hanging in the balance, Mia's got some decisions to make: Which college? Which guy? How can she choose? Especially when what she decides might determine not just the next four years, but . . . forever!"
As some of you may know, I have had a love/hate relationship with this series. Mainly, because of my attachment to the movies and struggling to like the books because they were pretty different. As I have read the series though, I have grown to really love it and Forever Princess sealed that fate for me, made me a diehard fan, made me want to buy the box set ASAP! (I have yet to do that, but will soon I am sure) So, of course my undying love for this series, would occur at the final book of the series! I am HOPING that maybe Meg Cabot will make a spin off to the series. That she will follow Mia into her adulthood of Princessdom, because honestly I am not ready to let go right now and I didn't see that coming. Really, I didn't. It could be cause Michael came back and all that tension! Seeing Mia older and someone I can relate to more. Mentally and Age-wise. It's a combo of those but PLEASE Meg Cabot write more!!!

A fair amount happens in the book and I was taken aback , but the almost 2 years we skipped ahead. Since, the  other books usually only have a few weeks difference between them or a summer. So, there were times I had to remind myself of the gap, which kind of took me out of the story for a minute. This also may be, because I read Princess Mia right before jumping into Forever Princess, so I personally didn't have that gap to separate me, as many other reads did. My only gripe with the book is that is was written in present time... (2009) ((Although, I swear it was published in like 2012)) And The Princess Diaries (Book 1) was written in 2000. There is a nine year difference, which is being represented in the book as a 4 year difference and the jump to me was pretty obvious.

I want to say more, but in fear of spoiling anything, I will leave it at that. Like I said, I am obsessed and does ANYONE else want Cabot to write a spin-off?



3 Days Left To Enter!



No comments:

Post a Comment