Friday, October 11, 2013

Halloween Books for Kids

I am kind of a holiday fanatic in general, and I grew up in a family where holidays were really celebrated. I have always wanted to carry on that tradition into my family and with my nieces and nephews... I don't get to do it as often as i'd like at the moment, but this year I am sending a little Halloween surprise to my 2 1/2 year old nephew. These REALLY cute bat PJ's i found on GAP kids and some Halloween books! 



1. Really who didn't grow up with Clifford? I loved that Big Red Dog and the halloween books were always my favorite. Especially, Cliffords first Halloween since he was cute tiny puppy at the time! Kids are bound to enjoy these books.



1. B&N, GR
2. B&N, GR
3. B&N, GR

2. Honestly, Angelina Ballerina started after my childhood, but I know she is a popular fictional figure and that young girls adore her. Since, most of these books are gender - neutral, I thought I'd add a more girlier book to the mix. Plus the illustrations look really pretty



3. Black cats are a staple to Halloween, and it is fun to see a book centered around a Black Cat, that is scared or being scary. 



4. Kid friendly Halloween Poems?! Say No More!



5. You are bound to get your kids laughing with a trick or treating dinosaur!



6. Phineas and Ferb have made a huge splash the past few years and have become beloved from kids to adults. I can bet that this Haunted Hayride will be full of fun and mischief.



7. I am MOST excited about Halloween Night on this list, since it is the Halloween version of the 'Twas the night before Christmas and even a Monster Mash party!



8. Arthur's Halloween is the perfect combo of fun and creepy. No, really the giant house on the hill.. SCARED me.



9. Happy Halloween has 3 Berenstain Bears Halloween stories in them. Trick or Treat, Ghost Woods and Ghost Parade. Also, Berenstain Bears are always a good read for the vintage feel and wholesome lessons.


No comments:

Post a Comment