Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I was "Forced" to Read


In middle school and high school I was not as big of a reader and it was mainly because most of the books I was reading, I was forced to read. Which once forced usually made me enjoy a book less, then I probably would have.. had I chosen it on my own.
Random Fact: I was in Honors English my sophomore year and then switched schools my Junior and Senior year, where we read the same books, I had read in Honors...So, some people thought I was uber smart. 

1. 1984  - Honestly, I HATE this book.
2.  Like Water For Chocolate - Summer reading...I skimmed through it.
3. Of Mice and Men - Aw, I actually liked this one
4. The Bell Jar - Yea...
5. The Kite Runner - I know it is an acclaimed book, but I heard it is really graphic, so I never actually fully read it.
6. To Kill a Mockingbird - I get it is a classic, but I am kind of over it.
7. The Crucible - What Bitches.
8. The Joy Luck Club - I enjoyed this book, more then I thought
9. Island of the Blue Dolphins - I have read this book several times throughout my years and man oh man mixed feelings for sure.
10. The Outsiders - This just makes me think "Throwback!" 

2 comments:

  1. I loved The Outsiders and To Kill a Mockingbird, but I didn't enjoy Island of the Blue Dolphins as much. Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Island of the Blue Dolphins! I can't even remember how many times I read it. I don't think it was ever assigned for us to read, but the sequel, Zia I think, was. And while the sequel was good, it still isn't as good as the first.

    ReplyDelete