Wednesday, November 3, 2010

BREAKING NEWS

My Fiance is ACTUALLY reading a book! For those who know Brandon.. he isn't really a big reader, however last Christmas he begged me to get him this book.. I was hesitant to buy the book, since he isn't a reader... so I said " I will only buy you this book, under the condition that you will actually read the book and finish it." and to this is he said "I promise you I will" . Almost a year later and he has now begun reading the book. What would that book be, you ask?

The book is about the life of Pat Tillman.. who you must should know as the Bay Area Football Star who gave up the chance to be a Professional player, to serve his country... only to be a victim of friendly fire. My goal is to update you on Brandon's progress through the book, his comments on the book and just in General..  Being as I have complained that I don't have a lot of time to read my books anymore, he decided we will set aside time in our days to read and then talk about how the book is... The first this Brandon said is " Look I'm reading a big boy book".. This is after he took of the paper cover to reveal the more plain hard cover. looking at the 1st few pages... he questioned why the author dedicated the book to another soldier since the book is about Pat Tillman and after little discussion on the topic.. he continued to read.. then I heard.."oh boy these are some big words" I noticed he was reading the table of contents and informed him that, that isn't really the beginning of the book. So  he began his reading journey.. and asked " do I have to read the Prologue?"  Brandon is now a few pages into the prologue and I suspect that is probably where he will stop reading the book for the night as well.

As for me, I will continue to read "How to be Single" now off I go to read.. Updates will be provided shortly. Good Night = )

No comments:

Post a Comment