Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Holocaust



I read my Holocaust almost 2 years ago and I picked the books for several reasons. The 1st reason being that I have a strange fascination with the Holocaust and I actually get really worked up when it comes to the Holocaust. I also it because, It was so blunt, about the subject.. usually books about the Holocaust have a beautiful yet sorrowful title, like "Silent Night" and " Briar Rose".

When I began to read My Holocaust I was a little taken aback; You see the book is about this Jewish family in America, who basically try to capitalize on the Holocaust. The book respectfully shows this harsh truth. Yes, the Holocaust was bad,sad and a huge part of History, but this shows a Father who takes this too far, but grieving people into donations to his the memorial museum and to Holocaust Connections Inc. He comes up with elaborate ideas to market the brand and he believes the Jewish people are the only ones entitled to this brand---The Holocaust.

Being as It has been awhile since I have read this book, and too be honest I never completely finished reading it. My review overall is half-ass, but it you are looking for a book that makes you think, that is offensive to some but in the most respectful way, that touches a subject that is so cradled and exposes many truths about the people who are in charge of it today. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Currently Reading: I Do, Now What? By Giuliana and Bill Rancic

1 comment:

  1. I am genuinely impressed by the way you detailed out everything. It's genuinely going to help me lots. Thanks for sharing your thoughts so clearly.
    3D Printing Materials Market Analysis, Size and Industry Trends – Report Banana

    ReplyDelete