Thursday, March 17, 2011

The HERetic's Daughter


The Heretic's Daughter is an interesting tale of a family from Andover going through the Salem Witch Trails. What makes it more interesting is that Kathleen Kent (the author) is telling the story about her own family.  The story mainly follows 10 year old Sarah Carrier, as she tells the story of how her family was accused of witchcraft and life in the Salem jails.

I wouldn't say I loved this book, but I was most definitely impressed. Being as I am someone who loves history and as always been curious about the witch trails. I enjoyed the book. Kent does a great job of finding her ancestors voice and telling the story as accurately as possible. You can see why Sarah's family was accused of the actions, for basically being different from what the masses of that time were, so they became an easy target. The book is overall a quick read and if you love history. You will like this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment