Monday, March 14, 2011

Love Me Some Libba Bray

Alright, I haven't blogged a review in awhile, but I have wanted to review this book and the series for awhile, and as I am writing this I haven't decided If I want to review all 3 books separately or review the series as a whole. Hmmm.. OK, I will do the series as a whole I think... that way I won't give too much away.

 #1
Before I review the whole series I want to say that I remember finding this book, randomly at the Border's in Los Gatos. What made me want to read the book was the cover. It was unique and I remember the lace of the corset was raised, as well as the poetic title (in my eyes) and the fact that I love anything that has anything to do with history/ period / era  pieces. After reading the book I was hooked and I could not WAIT for the next book to be released and then a year or so later I was looking through the book section at Target to see that the not only the sequel had been released BUT also the third book as well!

#2

#3

What is known as the Gemma Doyle Trilogy is probably one of my favorite series of books and maybe to the less experienced readers/ reading world (not that I am at all experienced) it not extremely well known. I get excited whenever someone I know has read the series.

The Gemma Doyle Trilogy is about Gemma Doyle is a teenager growing up in the Victorian Era. She grew up in British India until her mother went missing, She was then sent to England to attend her Mothers old boarding school Spence Academy. Gemma makes friends with three girls Pippa, Ann and Felicity. Gemma and her friends soon learn that the school has a dark past and Gemma learns she is different in more then one way from any other girl. She hold Magical powers, these powers soon lead to a dangerous mystery and a secret society. The Trilogy is a fantasy, as well as a tale of mystery, and forbidden love, but overall it is a thriller. You easily fall in love with Gemma and just as easily hate some of the characters or their characteristics just like Gemma. You feel the passion she does when she engages in a forbidden relationship. You cannot help but get caught up in this series.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read these books yet, but I'm in cover love with them. It does sound like an interesting series, and I already own book one, now I just need to make time to read it. ;)

    ReplyDelete