Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Envy

Summary:
"Jealous whispers. Old rivalries. New betrayals.
Two months after Elizabeth Holland's dramatic homecoming, Manhattan eagerly awaits her return to the pinnacle of society. However, when she refuses to rejoin her sister Diana's side, those watching New York's favorite family begin to whisper that all is not as it seems behind the stately doors of No. 17 Gramercy Park.
In this thrilling installment of Anna Godbersen's bestselling Luxe series, Manhattan's most envied residents appear to have everything they desire: Wealth. Beauty. Happiness. But sometimes the most practiced smiles hide the most scandalous secrets. . . ."

Plot: I love the plots of these novels more and more! Godbersen keeps the plots and twists period appropriate while being surprising and daring.

Characters: The characters are pretty much the same which I like. I like that her characters don't forget what has happened to the them in the past books, they remember and act appropriately.

Pros: Historical accurate, exciting plot twists

Cons: There is something missing in the writing, that gives it that wow factor.

Final Thoughts: The more I read the series, the more I am interested in it and the more invested I become in the characters. My biggest things is that the issues the characters face is Era and Class appropriate issues. I also, love that the second you think you know what is going to happen, Godbersen adds an unforeseen twist that keeps you wondering how is this situation going to play out, where is it going, etc. The series is a great young adult series for girls and I am more then excited to read Splendor the fourth and final(?) book in the series.


No comments:

Post a Comment