Monday, February 4, 2013

The Diviners

Summary:

" Evie O'Neill has been exiled from her boring old hometown and shipped off to the bustling streets of New York City--and she is pos-i-toot-ly thrilled. New York is the city of speakeasies, shopping, and movie palaces! Soon enough, Evie is running with glamorous Ziegfield girls and rakish pickpockets. The only catch is Evie has to live with her Uncle Will, curator of The Museum of American Folklore, Superstition, and the Occult--also known as "The Museum of the Creepy Crawlies."
When a rash of occult-based murders comes to light, Evie and her uncle are right in the thick of the investigation. And through it all, Evie has a secret: a mysterious power that could help catch the killer--if he doesn't catch her first."

What can I say about The Diviners? This is a really hard review for me to write. I'll just get it out there though... overall, I was disappointed. The book really wasn't what I thought it was going to be and I really just wanted MORE from it.

With that being said, I can see what Bray was doing here. She was building depth, a backbone; some would say. I can respect that. Had I have not read The Gemma Doyle Trilogy though, had this been my 1st experience with Libba Bray's writing, I most likely would not continue on with this series. HOWEVER. I know her writing and I know how good she is at writing paranormal historical fiction fantasy. So, I will give this series a chance. I just wish it lived up to all the hype I had given it in my head. 










ALSO CHECK OUT... 



DONATE
SHOP


ATTACHA BACKPACKS

No comments:

Post a Comment