Friday, May 24, 2013

The Girl With The Iron Touch (Steampunk Chronicles #3)



Summary:
"When mechanical genius Emily is kidnapped by rogue automatons, Finley Jayne and her fellow misfits fear the worst. What's left of their archenemy, The Machinist, hungers to be resurrected, and Emily must transplant his consciousness into one of his automatons—or forfeit her friends' lives. With Griffin being mysteriously tormented by the Aether, the young duke's sanity is close to the breaking point. Seeking help, Finley turns to Jack Dandy, but trusting the master criminal is as dangerous as controlling her dark side. When Jack kisses her, Finley must finally confront her true feelings for him...and for Griffin. Meanwhile, Sam is searching everywhere for Emily, from Whitechapel's desolate alleyways to Mayfair's elegant mansions. He would walk into hell for her, but the choice she must make will test them more than they could imagine. To save those she cares about, Emily must confront The Machinist's ultimate creation—an automaton more human than machine. And if she's to have any chance at triumphing, she must summon a strength even she doesn't know she has...."
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this series! I love how each series has focused on different characters, but still been able to focus on the other as well. This time we really learn more about Emily, and we add a new member to the group (kinda) Mila. Someone I wish we saw more of was Jasper... So, I am a little curious what will be going on with his character. Cross really has master the give a little and take a little aspect of writing. Giving me something I want, then taunting me with the next book. Also, so far in the series, there hasn't been a book I hated and she hasn't done anything to make me hate the characters or plot line either. Which I can't say about a lot of other series I have read lately. My only complaint is I wish the books were just a LITTLE longer, I want to see a tad more character development. Oh and THANK YOU for more Jack Dandy. I missed him in The Girl in the Clockwork Collar.

Overall, Cross knocked it out of the park again. I am always enraptured in the series and I highly recommend you read it, if you have yet to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment