Monday, April 30, 2012

The Long Way Home


Summary:
"Marnie’s sorrow over her long-time love’s sudden death is nothing compared to the shock of losing his teenage son Troy (a boy she’s raised for ten years) when he’s whisked away to Las Vegas by his absentee birth mother. Luckily, she meets three unlikely allies at a local grief group who join her on an cross-country road trip to reconnect with him. Along for the ride are fifty-something Rita, still reeling from the murder of her daughter years before; Laverne, Marnie’s reclusive, widowed landlady; and Jazzy, a beautiful young psychic. Together, these four very different women embark on the adventure of their lives--a journey toward reconciliation and healing. Heartwarming, funny, and bittersweet, The Long Way Home is a winning novel of friendship and love from best-selling author Karen McQuestion."
Plot: This isn't your average road trip and I like it a lot. The road trip has everything you want and more and isn't crazy fluffy, like some road trip books.

Characters: There are 4 main characters Marnie, Jazzy, Laverne and Rita. Each of these ladies, has something to gain from this impromptu road trip  and although, they are all different, they aren't SO different, where it causes that unneeded drama. I also, liked that McQuestion made them varying in age.

Pros: Has a little bit of something for everyone.

Cons: I wish the summary was different, it doesn't do justice to the actual story.

Final Thoughts:  This book is So SO SO much more then it describes, and even I can't put into words how good it really is. I am a huge fan of McQuestion's style of writing, because I find it to be honest and relate-able. Seriously, there were times where I would put the book down and say out loud " oh my god! it is like she knows me SO well!" because the book, contained everything I enjoy, and the characters possessed qualities, that I have. I would love to read more about Jazzy and her life, she was a character in this book, who I thought really shined.

The Long Way Home By Karen McQuestion is out Tomorrow, May 1st. 

No comments:

Post a Comment