Monday, June 6, 2011

Rumors


Book #2 in The Luxe Series, Rumors definitely brings it's A- Game. It took me forever to get my hands on the second book in the series, but once I did I couldn't stop reading and ended up finishing it in one day. Let's just say the first few pages the book begins with are more then enough to get you hooked!

Rumors picks up a few months after the death of the most beloved heiress in New York,  Elizabeth Holland's funeral. Diana (Elizabeth's sister) is now waiting for her true love Henry to sweep her off her feet once his mourning period is over. Problem is Penelope (Elizabeth's BFF) has her sights set on Henry too and Penelope is relentless when she attempts in getting what she wants. While this love tryst is going on in full swing. We also she the rise of Elizabeth's old maid Lina Broud who now goes by Carolina is trying to pull herself off as a western heiress. All the while the Hollands fortune is dwindling and Mrs. Holland's health is deteriorating.

Overall, I enjoyed the book and am more then excited to read Book #3 (Envy). I feel the series can only keep getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment