Friday, April 26, 2013

Princess on the Brink ( The Princess Diaries #8)

SUMMARY:
"At last, Mia is a junior. An upperclassperson. Free of her responsibilities as student body president. So why is it that everything is going so terribly wrong? What is she doing in Intro to Creative Writing? When she has made it through Algebra and Geometry, why must she be faced with Precalculus? And for the love of all that is Genovian, why has Lilly nominated her for school prez again? All this is nothing compared to the news Michael springs on her, however. On top of all the mathematical strife, her beloved boyfriend is leaving for Japan for a year. Precalc has nothing on preparing for the worst separation ever

Turns out there is one way she might convince Michael to stay. But will she? Or won't she? No matter what, Mia seems headed for disaster."

Plot: In general I kind of wish there were a few sub plots, but Princess on the Brink was pretty straight forward about focusing on Mia and Michael's relationship. Even getting rid of Princess Lessons and pretty much any other character in Mia's life that could add another plot line to the story. Like I said I only kind of wish there was, because I do hate when I am getting into a certain plot, especially characters relationships when the subject changes to another plot and I have to wait 50 pages for it to pick up again. Which is probably why this was my favorite book in the series so far.. I didn't HAVE to really wait for things to happen.

Characters: I think I love Mia more than ever in this book. She really has grown as a person, but still has those teenage girl qualities. Although, they are a little less immature and whiny. Lily drove me crazy as usual! I really hate her, but I like that you could truly understand Mia and Lily's relationship here. I adored, Tina and even Boris since their characters have also really settled into their roles in the series. BUT JP is by far my favorite addition. He is just so normal and sweet and I cannot wait to see more of him. And then there is Michael. I have a mini crush on him, but man did he drive me crazy in this book. He had moments where you were like "yep. Him and Lily are related.."

Pros: Really Engaging, A lot of Growing Up and Realistic Aspects of Teenage Relationships.

Cons: None, really.. Like I said Sub Plots would of been nice just to make the books plot stronger, but I didn't miss them either.

Final Thoughts: I related to Mia the most in this book. Espescially, to her out look on sex and her reaction to Michael's lie. Mine would have been the exact same and I could see why it would bug her, that it appeared NO ONE else felt the same way. Maybe, she took it a little too far.. but Michael was NOT helping the situation. I mean my heart truly broke for Mia. I even cried a little. For being the 8th book in the series, I was impressed. I was actually mad at myself for not checking out the next book in the series, like I usually do!

No comments:

Post a Comment