Friday, July 29, 2011

Death Du Jour


Summary:
"Despite the cold weather, Tempe's workload quickly becomes heavy: the bones of a long-dead nun now up for sainthood have been moved and tampered with; a deadly house fire turns out to be arson; and a university teaching assistant disappears after joining a cult. Tempe must figure out where (and why) all the bodies are buried in the hard Canadian ground. Her investigations take her home to North Carolina, and to a strange colony living on an offshore island."

Plot: The plot was so much more interesting, then Reichs 1st book Deja Dead. The approach to this book is a little more Hollywood, enough techinical anthropology jargon to be realistic and different, but not SO much that you a bored and lost. 

Character: It is definitely obvious that Reichs is taking her time to build Dr. Brennan's character through out the books, which is fine. Some characters we well developed and others were left hanging.

Pros: As I said previously the book became a lot more entertaining and maybe I guess better written. 

Cons: Temperance's personality drives me insane! It is how see is written and I think it is a Hollywood way of doing it, but when something TRAGIC happens, it happens and then a few months later... it is just a thing of the past.

Final Thoughts: This book, salvaged me wanting to read the Temperance Brennan Series.I enjoyed the book and read it quicker the the 1st one, but it still took me awhile to finish reading it. This honestly isn't my best review, because I can't really think of anything great or horrible to say about the book. It was nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment