Thursday, September 29, 2011

In The Bloggers Studio Ft. Belle's Bookshelf


In The Bloggers Studio is done every Thursday, and it is where I ask some Random ?'s for Blogger's To Answer, So we Can get to know them better! = )



This Weeks Guest Is....
Belle  from Belle's Bookshelf


Belle is an Australian Blogger, with a wicked awesome Book Blog and a cute feature called Pash,Pick or Pass where she chooses 3 book characters who she would Pick to keep, Have Passionate Affair with or Pass altogether and in the comments bloggers can play along too. Check Her Blog out and Follow her on Twitter (@Bookish_Belle)


1.
How do you do it all?! Juggling your life and blogging?

I'll admit I have difficulty with this - blogging takes up A LOT of time. But I enjoy it, so it's worth it. I'm yet to find the perfect balance - if anybody has any advice, I'd be glad to hear it!

                                                                2. What do you do besides reading books and blogging?

I'm a pop culture junkie, so I love reading magazines, surfing the Net and watching TV shows like True Blood, Chuck, Mad Men, Community, 30 Rock, Gossip Girl and Vampire Diaries. I also adore watching movies, whether it be going to the cinema or having a DVD night. I'm a particular fan of trashy '80s and '90s flicks; The Princess Bride, The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Clueless and Heathers are some of my faves. Aside from being entertained, I love spending time with my fiance, friends and family!


3. How did you become a book blogger?
I'd been toying with the idea of blogging for awhile, although I wasn't really aware of any book blogs aside from Forever Young Adult. Then when I found myself in a bit of a reading slump, I thought that blogging about books might inspire me to make the time to read, plus help me to keep track of the books I came across. I also hoped to connect with other book lovers - little did I know what a wonderful reading community I'd find! In terms of actually creating my blog, I'd probably been thinking about it for a couple of weeks, and then I read a book that made me soooo angry I just had to express my feelings - and my first post was born!
4. If there was a book about your life what would it be called?

Hmmm, that's such a tough question. Maybe... The Inner Workings of a Chronic Over-thinker. Not very catchy, is it? 

                  5. Do you have a book-ish quirk that some people might find weird? (Usually, people who don't read find it more weird)

Well, I love to smell books! Old, new, glossy, matte - I'm compelled to sniff those pages! My fiance thinks that it's super weird and shakes his head whenever I pick up a new book and take a whiff - especially if we're in the middle of a bookstore when I do it. He just doesn't understand!


           6. If you could swap lives with one person,place or thing for one day, who or what; and why?
I'd want to swap places with Emma Stone, because I think she's totally awesome, has the coolest friends and is rumoured to be dating Andrew Garfield and/or Ryan Gosling. I'd makeout with either of those boys (or both!).

7. What book to movie adaption is your favorite and what is your least favorite?
My favourite would definitely be The Princess Bride by William Goldman. It's my all-time fave movie and one of my top five books; each is brilliant individually but they're both also great in relation to each other. Goldman wrote the screenplay for the movie, so it makes sense that it's an awesome adaptation!
When it comes to my least favourite, the first one that springs to mind is the 2005 Pride and Prejudice adaptation starring Keira Knightley. I know a lot of people love it, but it was just NOT Pride and Prejudice to me.
8. If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
It's a toss up between sushi or ice-cream. Sushi probably has more nutritional value, so I guess I'd lean towards that.

                                                                   9. What is the weirdest dream that you have had? 
I once had a dream that my dad murdered my mum by hitting her over the head with a block of cheese. I found it hard to look at cheddar the same way for about a month. Or my dad, for that matter (though he's totally not the murderous type!).

10. Favorite Color and Least Favorite Color?
My favourite colour is pink! As Shelby says in Steel Magnolias, "Pink is my signature colour." 
As for my least favourite... You know when you paint, and wash your paint brush in a glass of water between colours, and after a while the water turns a yucky, murky colour? That's my least favourite.

11. If you could live anywhere, where would you live and why?
My favourite city in the world is probably Paris. It's just absolutely beautiful. If only I could speak the language! I'd also like to live in London, because I love the history and culture of the place. It'd also be great to be so close to Europe and be able to travel there with relative ease! (Relative to the 24-hour-plus trip it currently takes to get there from Australia).

                                                               12. What book character have you related to most?
This is such a difficult question! Growing up, I think the one I was drawn to most, because I saw myself in her a little, was probably Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables. The red hair, freckles, love of books, clumsiness, passion and slight weirdness were all things I could (and can still) relate to.
13. Book you feel everyone MUST read..
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. It's beautiful, stunning, amazing... I can't rave about it enough. It's set in Nazi Germany during World War II and narrated by Death, which is not something I thought I'd enjoy at all, but the language is so lovely and the characters are all so wonderful, it's not as morbid as it sounds! I treasure it.


Say the first thing that comes to your mind when you read this word...

Rock - And Roll
Social - Network
Halloween - Party
Box - Car
Woof - Howl
Big - Tom Hanks
Heart - Soul

That Concludes this weeks In The Bloggers Studio, Thank You Belle for stopping and I will see you all Next Week!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I think all book lovers love smelling books. Yeah, we think it's kind of weird, and that no one would get why, but we know why. LOL

    And I've always dreamed of having a wedding like Shelby's...with a whole lot of Blush and Bashful. LOL

    Great interview Belle. Loved learning more about you. :)

    ReplyDelete