Thursday, September 15, 2011

In The Bloggers Studio Ft. Makeshift Bookmark's Jen


In The Bloggers Studio is done every Thursday, and it is where I ask some Random ?'s for Blogger's To Answer, So we Can get to know them better! = )

 This Weeks Guest is...


If you guys don't know Jen and her blog I suggest you do! Jen is a talented blogger, whose bubbly personality and hilarious sense of humor come through in her posts. Being as busy as she is, it is a miracle she finds time to keep up the blog while making us all laugh on twitter. (@makeshiftjen)

How did you start blogging?
This is going to sound absolutely nuts, but I used to creep on bloggers all the time. Like, read their sites everyday and was FASCINATED that they had so much to say about books. (Namely The Story Siren and Good Books & Good Wine.) They did videos and reviews and hilarious posts and I was in awe of what a fabulous community it was. I wrote some reviews on GoodReads and thought that'd be enough, but NAY. It wasn't. I needed to infiltrate the blogging community and make my own space. It was scary at first because I had the "omg everyone hates me" syndrome, but it was actually a really great experience.
 
Did anyone think you were crazy to start blogging?
Not really. But not maybe people know about it. I try to keep my personal life and blog life relatively divided. Just close friends and family. And my husband. I work second shift, so he sends me photos of the books I get in the mail and laughs at me when I text him back ecstatic keysmashes.
 
When did you discover your love for books? 
I read a lot as a kid. I loved the Babysitter's Club books and Goosebumps. OH, and Fear Street. Those books pretty much dominated my preteen years. I stopped reading from about 1998 - 2008. It's good to be back.
 
Do you have any weird talents or quirks?
I can touch my tongue to my nose.
 
What is your biggest bookish pet peeve? 
Lack of chemistry. WHERE IS THE EFFING SPARK? How am I supposed to believe that you're in love when your cheesy, forced interactions make me want to gouge out my eyes and sell them on the black market?
 
One book you could ALWAYS read?
 
Twilight. Nope. I'm not over it yet.
 
How does Mr. Jen, feel about Your Blogging Success and popularity?
Well there's not too much blogging success and popularity to talk about, but I do keep him informed :) He's supportive of it and that's pretty awesome. But I still don't think he "gets" it.
 
Why did you decided to become a Nurse?
When my great-uncle was in the hospital with lung cancer, the nurses treated my family like crap. It was infuriating. I am going to be the supportive, empathetic nurse. Just to prove that they're not all bitter, hateful people.
 
When you were little what did want to be when you grew up? 
Astronaut. I was going to live on Saturn.
 
What Author do you wish you were BFF's with? 
Jeri Smith-Ready. Wicked taste in music and I would totally make her write me into her books as a ghost so Logan and I could be together forever.
 
Do you have a favorite local bookstore? 
I have many. There used to be 3 Borders (RIP). Now we have two Half Price Books, a Books a Million and like 3 Barnes & Nobles within about 30 minutes of my house. People in Kentucky READ, y'all!
 
What is your favorite holiday and do you go crazy when it comes to decorating for the holidays?
Thanksgiving. I practice eating in preparation for it. Not so much with the decorating. I'm way too busy (see: lazy) for that.
 
What is your guilty pleasure?
Britney Spears' music. God, I love that crazy woman.
 
How many pets do you own and what are their names?
2 cats, Bo and Bella. They're everything to me. If I'm this crazy about my cats, I'm quite afraid to have children.
 
If a genie granted you 3 wishes, what would those wishes be?
Teleportation. Flight, just for kicks. MORE WISHES.
 
What book have you read recently, that you didn't end up liking? 
Fateful. I just didn't BELIEVE in the book.
 
 
The Next part is to answer the first thing that comes to you mind when you see these words...
 
 
Beach - Sand
Elf - Cookies
Love - Game (Lady Gaga!)
Kangaroo - Pouch           
Pink - underwear
MAC - truck (I'm so not a girly girl)
Grapes - wine
Italy - Pauly D

Besides Cracking Me Up Throughout this whole Questionnaire my favorite answer by is her Italy, Pauly D - Jersey Shore Connection.. Oh this girl!

Alright, Well That Concludes This Weeks In The Bloggers Studio, Thank You Jen Very Much and I will See You All Again; Next Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment