Friday, September 16, 2011

The Van Alen Legacy (Book 4, Blue Bloods)

Summary:
"With the stunning revelation surrounding Bliss's true identity comes the growing threat of the sinister Silver Bloods. Once left to live the glamorous life in New York City, the Blue Bloods now find themselves in an epic battle for survival. Not to worry, love is still in the air for the young vampires of the Upper East Side. Or is it? Jack and Schuyler are over. Oliver's brokenhearted. And only the cunning Mimi seems to be happily engaged."
Plot: As with Revelations this books plot was a lot more slower paced writing wise and was definitely building up to more epic-ness to come. The one thing that is nice is De La Cruz always answers a question, while still leaving a plot line.

Characters: The characters developed quite nicely in this book, Book 4 gives them a lot more depth.

Pros: Questions are answered while still having momentum for the next book.

Cons: The Gabrielle / Lucifer thing really bothered me, and the book was a little too slow I think

Final Thoughts: This wasn't my favorite book in the series and I know that a lot of people stopped reading after this book and I could kind of see why, since the pace was definitely slowed down and this time I don't think De La Cruz could bring the tempo up in time, for the spots that needed it. Although, I feel there is a lot of potential for the next books in the series to be amazeballs. The other thing I heard people complain about were the separation in narrative between characters as chapters. This didn't really bother me, since the books already loosely followed that type of narration. And I felt it suited this book better since they aren't all in the same cities in this book for the most part. Overall, this book was not memorable, I mean I finished reading this Wednesday and there were more things for Pros and Cons but I can't even remember them now, cause like I said not the most memorable book in the series. I hope Book 5 sweeps me of my feet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment