Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Want Want Want Wednesday (21)

Want Want Want Wednesday is Hosted Almost Every Wednesday By Moi! 
It is where I share usually 3 book, that I REALLLLYYY Want! It is my more relaxed version of other similar memes/features like this = ) Feel free to join me.
I probably should make a button for this...

The Name of a Star By Maureen Johnson

"The day Louisiana teenager Rory Deveaux arrives in London marks a memorable occasion. For Rory, it's the start of a new life at a London boarding school. But for many, this will be remembered as the day a series of brutal murders broke out across the city, gruesome crimes mimicking the horrific Jack the Ripper events of more than a century ago.

Soon "Rippermania" takes hold of modern-day London, and the police are left with few leads and no witnesses. Except one. Rory spotted the man police believe to be the prime suspect. But she is the only one who saw him. Even her roommate, who was walking with her at the time, didn't notice the mysterious man. So why can only Rory see him? And more urgently, why has Rory become his next target? In this edge-of-your-seat thriller, full of suspense, humor, and romance, Rory will learn the truth about the secret ghost police of London and discover her own shocking abilities."
 I have heard beyond awesome things about this book and lets be honest.. Maureen Johnson is a rockstar author. I am so stoked to read this book! Espescially, with my obsession with historical things and oh you know, my major being forensic psychology... meaning I like learning murder types things. So it is always fun, when things like this take on a new persona,adaption, idea... etc.

  Once Every Never By Lesley Livingston
"Clarinet Reid is a pretty typical teenager. On the surface. She’s smart, but a bit of slacker; outgoing, but just a little insecure; not exactly a mischief-maker … but trouble tends to find her wherever she goes. Also? She unwittingly carries a centuries-old Druid Blood Curse running through her veins.
Now, with a single thoughtless act, what started off as the Summer Vacation in Dullsville suddenly spirals into a deadly race to find a stolen artifact, avert an explosive catastrophe, save a Celtic warrior princess, right a dreadful wrong that happened centuries before Clare was even born, and if there’s still time— literally—maybe even get a date.
This is the kind of adventure that happens to a girl once every … never."
 So, Pam from Bookaliscious mentioned on twitter recently that there are a lot of Greek Mythology books, but that there should be more Celtic Mythology books, which I agreed, and then she showed me this book! I am huge on supporting my Celtic, Irish Background, and would love to explore a new theme in reading.


The Art Of Racing In The Rain By Garth Stien
"If you've ever wondered what your dog is thinking, Stein's third novel offers an answer. Enzo is a lab terrier mix plucked from a farm outside Seattle to ride shotgun with race car driver Denny Swift as he pursues success on the track and off. Denny meets and marries Eve, has a daughter, Zoë, and risks his savings and his life to make it on the professional racing circuit. Enzo, frustrated by his inability to speak and his lack of opposable thumbs, watches Denny's old racing videos, coins koanlike aphorisms that apply to both driving and life, and hopes for the day when his life as a dog will be over and he can be reborn a man. When Denny hits an extended rough patch, Enzo remains his most steadfast if silent supporter. Enzo is a reliable companion and a likable enough narrator, though the string of Denny's bad luck stories strains believability. Much like Denny, however, Stein is able to salvage some dignity from the over-the-top drama."
 This is a book I have heard some good buzz about and there is something about the cover the make me love it! I also, think the plot of the book seems to be new and fresh.. at least I hope it will be. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree there should be more celtic mythology, I love it! Though I will say that I didn't think Once Every Never was that great, it was alright but I was expecting so much more.

    ReplyDelete