Thursday, September 1, 2011

Star Struck

Summary:
"Our memories define us don't they? And Skye Threppel lost most of hers in a car crash that stole the lives of her best friend and fiancé. It's left scars, inside and out, which have destroyed her career and her confidence. Skye hopes a trip to the wide dusty landscapes of Nevada and a TV convention offering the chance to meet the actor she idolises will help her heal. But she bumps into mysterious Sci-fi writer Jack Whitaker first. He's a handsome contradiction cool and intense, with a wild past. Jack has enough problems already. He isn t looking for a woman with self-esteem issues and a crush on one of his leading actors. Yet he's drawn to Skye. An instant rapport soon becomes intense attraction, but Jack fears they can t have a future if Skye ever finds out about his past ... Will their memories tear them apart, or can they build new ones together?"
Plot: There are 2 plots in this book the love plot and the underlying forgotten mysterious past plot. Personally I felt that the mysterious plot was more well written and more intirguing then the Romance part and while not being a trashy romance novel in the least, it came of more like a soap opera.

Characters: Although, for the most part I liked the characters in general I found it hard to connect with them.

Pros: Translates well from UK to US, Beautiful Cover, Decent Read

Cons: Plot seemd choppy/soap opera-hy, hard to connect.

Final Thoughts: I didn't know exactly what to expect from this book, I was nervous that it would be a dirty trashy romance novel, with a lot British humor and jargon that I wouldn't understand. Boy was I wrong! There were moments where it took me a second to realize what a word meant, but overall it wasn't hard at all and it was not a trashy love novel either, more like Chick Lit Romance. Now as far as the story goes, if it was JUST soley based on the romance part I would have stopped reading the book less then half way in, but the the whole memory loss, we both have baggage and you won't find out what that is til the end of the book thing, is what kept me reading... Which is also where the book took  A Days of Our Lives turn on me. However despite that, I found the book charming and would recommend as a Airport read or something to read to kill the time. It didn't blow my mind, but it didn't waste my time either. My only major complaint was I honestly felt Jack Skye would have just been better friends.  Anyways, I am still intriguing into wanting to read Loverings other book Please Don't Stop The Music.


Thank You To Choc Lit for sending me a copy of Star Struck By Jane Lovering.

Star Struck Comes out Today in the UK.
Check It Out At Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment