Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Please Ignore Vera Dietz


 Please Ignore Vera Dietz is a book I stumbled upon at the library and did a quick mental flash to seeing the book on peoples blogs.. meaning it was familiar.. Which was good enough for me to pick it up. Then I read the back of the book and the whole best friend dying, and hating him, while knowing all his secrets, that need to be told... that whole concept seemed intriguing to me. So I checked the book out = )

 And I wasn't disappointed. I have seriously been waiting a long while to read a book that was hard for me to put down! Not saying that the books I have read recently aren't good, I just haven't read anything special recently. And this book is just that SPECIAL. Now, I did find the book to make me feel a little uncomfortable, but I feel this may have been the authors intention. I think that may have been the state of mind she wanted you to be in. I could be wrong though. It's just some of the subject matter is quite dark. I mean anything to do with animals dying, is REALLY hard for me to love, or even get over and to be honest I am not over it. It is just the way the book is written. The tone is so perfect and different and it changes from sad, to angry to funny.. seamlessly. Towards the end I will say it gets a little old, but it comes full circle and is a needed ending in my opinion.

If you are a reader who has been waiting for a special book, and can handle some dark material then you will enjoy Please Ignore Vera Dietz very much. Overall the book also has a great message to it.. actually a few great messages to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment