Monday, February 7, 2011

Library Lovers: BOTD #7


I really think I was the only 4th grader reading Anne of Green Gables. I don't know how I got this book and to be honest I don't really know why I like this book. I think it's because I love Period/Era books. I love the idea of living in the past. I will have to read this book again to see if I really truly like it... for it's writing and story and not just cause I was an 8 year old who liked the idea of being Anne.  
The story goes like this...Brother and Sister Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert decided to adopt an ophan Boy, instead an eleven year old girl named Anne Shirley is sent to them. Anne is imaginative,talkative and precocious, she adapts to her new life on the farm rather quickly. The book pretty much follows Anne's life going to school. her adventures and mistakes; up til she is 16. This is the 1st book in the series and has bee n adapted into many tv series, cartoons, and made for TV movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment